The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Corporate Risk & Assurance Specialist
Enterprise Risk Management
Cape Town Office
|30 September 2019|
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Office has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced Corporate Risk & Assurance Specialist. The incumbent will support the Office in developing, implementing and managing the SAMRC corporate risk, assurance & policy management functions to assist in actively reducing risk exposures & exploit opportunities, and assist with ensuring that the SAMRC complies with legislative requirements.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
Key responsibility Areas Duties:
- Facilitating the identification & assessment of risks, including assisting in the development of risk mitigation plans
- Ensure that all risks and mitigation plans, inclusive of emerging risks, are continually identified, controlled and managed
- Provide strategic and operational advice to management to assist in appropriately reducing their risk exposures.
- Drafting of risk reports for quarterly dashboard reporting
- Provide effective risk management administration support, including training and maintenance of the BarnOwl risk management system to business units / departments
- Provide internal audit administration support in managing the internal audit function
- Assist with the development, implementation and coordination of combined assurance strategies, interventions and processes
- Enhance organisational legislative compliance with the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations
- Support staff with their annual declaration of interest and provide conflict of interest advice as and when required
- Managing, monitoring and review of the broader organizational policies as a framework to maintain good governance.
The SAMRC offers a market-related total cost-to-company remuneration package, which will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R280A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS
|Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://forms.gle/svFRbgmtXuzsLD3P6|