Erika Vercuiel holds a Diploma in Veterinary Nursing and is an animal Welfare inspector. She has been working for the NSPCA for the past 10 years and previously worked as the principle veterinary nurse in a research animal facility for 8 years.
She is currently Manager of the Animal Ethics Unit of the National Council of SPCAs.
Her expertise include:
- Animal ethics
- Animal research
- Review of protocols regarding the use of animals for scientific purposes
- Setting up animal ethics committees
- Inspections at research animal facilities
- Welfare of animals used for scientific purposes
- Animal legislation
- Advisory role on National Standard
- Training of animal ethics committee members and animal care staff