The Collaborating Centre for Optimising Antimalarial Therapy (CCOAT), based at the University of Cape Town, focuses on research programmes that strengthen antimalarial therapies.
Key focus areas
- Run both field- and hospital-based research;
- Play a role in eliminating malaria nationally, regionally and globally;
- Inform antimalarial treatment policy and practice (drug resistance, selection and use);
- Develop the next generation of antimalarial researchers; and
- Manage research programmes from the drug discovery stage, through to Phase 1 clinical trials and the safe and effective use of antimalarial drugs by those infected.
|Director: Prof Karen Barnes
Tel: + 27 (0)21 406 6294; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org