Profession & Current Position
Dr Madikizela is a consultant in science, technology and innovation and executive coach. He is also an Extra-ordinary senior lecturer in Technology Management at the University of Pretoria’s Graduate School of Technology Management. He joined the board of the Technology Innovation Agency (TIA) in 2017
Area of Expertise
Bio-economy, Life Sciences, technology management and commercialization of public research results and Business management
- Equal Opportunity Council Scholarship to study biochemistry at the College of Medicine, University of Iowa, USA
- Post-doctoral Research Fellowship in the Division of Biology and Medicine at Brown University, USA
- Mellon Foundation Post-doctoral Fellow, Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Cape Town
Qualifications & Designation/s
- Ph. D (Biochemistry)
- Co-authored articles on gene regulation and vaccine development. Manuscript on regional innovation ecosystems has been accepted for publication as a chapter in a book.
- Various science and innovation policy reports primarily to DSI and NACI.