Research programmes selected for funding focus on the major health issues impacting South Africa and the rest of the world.
- Strategic Health Innovation Partnerships (SHIP) – DST, NDOH and BMGF
- Grand Challenges South Africa - BMGF
- SAMRC-UK MRC Newton Fund
- SAMRC- Forté (Sweden) Collaboration to Support Inequalities in Health and Health Systems
- SAMRC-CIHR Healthy Life Trajectories Initiative (HeLTI)
- US-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research (NIH)
- India- South Africa Collaborative Research Programme on HIV/AIDS and TB
View the General SAMRC Terms and Conditions of Funding.
Please note that some of the SAMRC’s funding programmes may include additional or alternative eligibility and funding criteria.