Global and African health challenges: Non-communicable diseases
The SAMRC is pleased to announce an open call for proposals as part of a collaboration with the UKRI MRC under the umbrella of the UK’s International Science Partnerships Fund (ISPF). This joint research programme aims to promote collaboration between researchers based in South Africa, the UK and other African countries. The call is for proposals on non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, cardiovascular and chronic lung diseases, and chronic liver disease (non-infectious aetiology), as well as mental health.
For more details view or download the full Request for Applications.
All applications must be submitted via ISPF Calls
Submission deadline: 12 April 2024 @17h00 SAST
- The fully completed Proposal Template signed by the relevant authority at the institution and the principal investigator – the proposal may be submitted as a Word document with a separate scanned pdf with signatures or a converted pdf document with signatures
- The fully completed Budget Template in Excel
- CVs of the SA PI, UK PI and any other co-investigators (combined)
- Additional Annex 1: Ethics, Genetic and Biological Risk, and Research Involving Animals, Humans or Biological Samples completed by the UK PI
- Additional Annex 2: Official Development Assistance (ODA): Compliance Eligibility Statement completed by the UK PI
- Additional Annex 3: Gender Equality Statement completed by the UK PI
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered for funding.
For enquiries, please email GIPD.ISPF@mrc.ac.za