This study is an evaluation of the Young Women and Girls (YWG) programme in ten South African districts
The HERStory Study evaluates whether the programme is making a difference to the lives of young women and girls in South Africa.
Watch this space: The HERStory report will be shared soon
Posters and Presentations
- Abstract presented at AIDS Impact, London, 2019
- Progress towards 90/90/90 in Adolescents girls and young women in six districts of South Africa
- Maternal orphanhood and disparities in access to interventions to prevent and treat HIV in South Africa: HERStory Study
- Access to contraception services among HIV- positive and HIV- negative adolescent girls and young women in South Africa
- Community’s perceived impact of a South African combination HIV prevention intervention on the lives of intervention recipients: Findings from the HERStory qualitative evaluation
- Abstract presented at the South African AIDS Conference 2019
Study team, partners and funding
Study sponsorship and funding Statement
The evaluation is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under terms of the cooperative agreement 1U2GGH001150 and the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
Please contact us if you would like further information about the study.
- South African Medical Research Council Principal Investigator: Catherine Mathews (English, Afrikaans) : 082 3310211
- South African Medical Research Council Project Manager: Kim Jonas (Swati, Zulu, Xhosa, Sotho) 073 962 5781
- South African Medical Research Council Ethics Committee: Adri Labuschagne (English, Afrikaans) : 021 9380687
- Epicentre Project Manager: David Khanyile (Zulu, Xhosa, Ndebele, Sotho, Swazi): 083 393 0603
We care about the health and well-being of young women and girls!